Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

SafetySuit: life left to go


There's something so familiar about this song. Maybe it's the depth of sadness and longing that permeates this song. From the melody to the lyrics there is an all too familiar melancholy that pulses. When I listen to it, the lyrics resonate with the deeply broken areas of my soul because I know what it feels like to be in a crowd of people and still feel alone and forgotten. No one deserves to be alone. "Sometimes the edge serves as more than a friend than you thought it would be. And the pages you write in your journal each night are your only release." Loneliness is so horrible because it goes against the very reason God created us: He created us for relationship, both with Him and with one another. We were created in love and for love. A love which can only be fully expressed and experience through relationships.

Lately, I have been inspired by Jason Ma who has been on this mission of 365 days of love. From my understanding he is being intentional about loving people everyday for 365 days. When I read about his exploits of love there's something within me that wants to be both the recipient of this love and the giver of this love. There is something so powerfully good and right about hearing a kind and compassionate word from a stranger or experiencing personally love in action. I feel like in these moments, Heaven literally kisses earth. Scripture says that we love because God first loved us (1 John 4:19). So, the more I experience God's love for me, the more I will be inspired to love others more richly, deeply and fully. "But there's no pain you feel that I know love can't heal, here at all." I believe this because I have experienced healing love first hand.

Every person has value because we have all been uniquely created by God in His image. So even though you may or may not know me, what I do know is that this world would dim a little without you in it. God has given all of us a voice and I hope and pray that you find yours. "I'm begging you no, there's more life left to go. I'm begging you please, cause I don't want you to leave." When you're feeling all alone in this world, this is my prayer for you: That God would bring people into your life to tell you, "I know you'll smile again." That God would bring someone special into your life who loves spending time with you because they love you for you. Even more, I pray that you would literally feel in the very depths of your being God's unconditional love for you. And that you would hear Him say to you: "I see you and I love you! And the failures you see don't seem failures to me here at all."

No comments: