Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sky Lantern Festival 2010


In watching this video I am again reminded of just how fast paced of a world that we live in. Do you have days where it seems like you are just going and going and going? I know I do. It is so difficult sometimes to just slow down and be: to unplug myself from my iPhone, the Internet and all the many avenues of communication (thanks to social networking) that are at our fingertips and go offline for a moment in order to connect with God. That's what I love about the Sky Lantern Festival, it gives people a moment to pause from the busyness and write prayers containing their wishes, hopes and dreams on sky lanterns that then float up to heaven. If only more people would pause nightly to offer up their own sky lanterns of prayer to the one and only living God who loves it when we speak with Him about our wishes, hopes and dreams. How wonderfully beautiful life could be...

No comments: