Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Seeker's Return (chapters 12-15 of 29)

12. Guided by Your sweet melody I drift through this endless maze turning left and then turning right, searching for the source of this charismatic song. Obstacles that once hindered are no more; hurdles that once obstructed are of no challenge. I walk a rhythmic shuffle as to not miss a beat, the magnetic chorus gravitating to all on this seeker’s quest. My mind fills with new thoughts while fresh, yet familiar longings pour from my heart. “Surround me with Your peacefulness, whirl through me with Your kindness, twirl through me with Your gentleness, swirl through me with Your joyfulness, envelop my heart with Your faithful love.”

13. Your sweet Voice floats effortlessly through the deep folds of my mind, catching and caressing the troubled thoughts, making them disappear. Reaching out to me with love and affection, an image of You burns into my mind’s eye, permanently engraving Your face onto my soul. “Whisper to me the story of Your life, teaching me Your ways. Talk to me with the gentleness of a Lamb; hold me in Your loving arms, warming me in Your heavenly embrace. Shelter me in Your protective sanctuary, radiate Your goodness straight and true, press Your heart against mine and pour Your love into my soul.”

14. “Call Me into the deeper folds of your heart, let Me fill the puncture wounds that riddle throughout. The pumping sensation you feel is the healing process of My love that will slowly fill all that you are.”

15. Your Voice sound like home as it resonates through the cavernous tombs of my heart where my sins cower in shame. Calling out, Your kindness draws them out. Compelled by Your love and by Your grace, I confess for the Kingdom of God has come near to me. Day one.

No comments: