Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Father's Garden

I am always marvelled by the beauty and complexities of creation. I mean, how can a person not be absolutely amazed while watching this video? Now personally, insects kind of give me the creeps, but when I see extreme close ups of them it's like I am mysteriously intrigued and almost hypnotized by their strange armored beauty. Oftentimes, this makes me wonder how the Fall of Mankind has effected creation. When I see thorns, bristles and the needles of cacti I have to wonder if these are the result of sin. Going back to the insects, was it only after Adam and Eve sinned that bees grew stingers and female praying mantises began eating their mates? If I believe the Word of God that says through the sin of one man, death entered the world (Romans 5:12) and that all creation has been groaning to be released from its own bondage and decay (Romans 8:21, 22), then I must believe that even creation has been effected by sin - cursed to some degree.

When I sit back and really ponder this, it makes me think, wow, so the magnitude and true beauty of creation is yet to be seen. When creation is fully redeemed, when as Isaiah described that, "The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them" (Isaiah 11:6) and that "The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain" (Isaiah 65:25). This means that we have yet to see the full beauty of creation. Can you even imagine that? Absolute peace among all creation where lions and oxes will both be vegetarians and where children will play among wolves and leopards.

I love meditating on redemption. It makes my heart happy and so much more thankful and grateful for Jesus and the fact that it is only because of Him that people are saved and transformed into new creations (2 Corinthians 5:17). But, even more than that through Jesus all of creation will also be fully redeemed. Amazing!

No comments: