Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paul Freeman: That's How It Is

What does it mean to live with eternity in view? That's what this song makes me ponder. When I hear this song, I am filled with a longing to forgive and forget the wrong that I've done, but to also forgive and forget the wrong that others have done to me. When I live with eternity in view, the pains of this life diminish because this life doesn't have the last say any longer. I love the line, "love reveals everything you’ll ever have." What I love does reveal what I treasure in my heart. When Jesus becomes my greatest treasure, His love inspires me to love with greater compassion and with deeper understanding.

Jesus died not only to get me to heaven, but to get heaven into me. "God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us" (Romans 5:5). This means that eternity lives within me and that I carry around the Kingdom of God wherever I go. How cool is that! Paul Freeman is right in that we cannot out run time. "Time will always come for you." But, I think the question to ask is: Can we ever be ready for time? I believe that if we have Jesus in our hearts, we can. That way "A farewell kiss will never mean goodbye, cause it holds on to the promises I made with these eyes. I‘ll leave you everything that’s mine, if you say that you’ll meet me in the next life." Will you meet me in the next life?

No comments: