Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, March 5, 2010

Angels & Airwaves: Letters to God, Part II


This song is a good reminder to me that we are all searching. We all desire meaning and purpose. We all want to know and be known. Aren't these the cries of every one's heart? I know they are mine. But, living in this postmodern world where everything is relative, life can quickly deteriorate to meaninglessness. It truly is a sad day when people become the makers of truth, because, between you and me, I don't know that many people really qualify. Right? I think that's what these lyrics mean: "And dear God, I found out the same things we learn when we die. I found out the truth is it's all a big lie. I find that the words are hard to describe. I tell you I'm lost here, awaiting reply."
There needs to be some sort of Truth that is greater than me, that is outside of me, that has always existed. That's why I find comfort that God is eternal and His Truth spans all time and space. So, when life becomes just another merry-go-round ride that gets old and meaningless fast. We can always turn to God, who's Truth will hold us up and give us meaning, purpose and hope. When there is nowhere left to turn, God will always be there. "All the phones have rung and rung. They're off the hook, all but one. And all the mail stacked up inside, up from the floor, a mile high. And like one would, like a child, I'm asking, like I could knock on your door. Will you let me in?"
When we come to God, He will always be there to welcome us. That's what I love about God, when we come to Him, He doesn't gives us the old "I told you so" line. No, He just welcomes us with open arms and with great delight. No questions asked, just love because God is love and He's completely overjoyed that we've come Him. When we come near to God, He will come near to us (James 4:8a). Don't ever believe that God doesn't want you. He gave His one and only Son, Jesus, to show us just how much He wants us. Choose Jesus and choose Truth and Life.

No comments: