Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Seeker's Return (chapters 8-11 of 29)

8. My being yearns to be touched, which brings me to tears when You are near. My love reaches out to You like a babe to a mother’s breast. In impatient impulse I seek out whatever will satisfy, which sends my spirit gravitating towards another. Shackled to the post of this other’s bed, I sit longingly waiting to be fulfilled. Hunger pains pinch and pierce my spirit, the deep ache never appeased. The longing to be satisfied is released into the cosmos, only to return to me still in need. “Where are you, Lover?”

9. A pristine picture is coming together within the jigsaw puzzle that is my mind. A multitude of colors blending and swirling fills my thoughts with this new vision. Your robe is flowing lightly in a gentle breeze and with kind eyes You gaze lovingly into mine, sending my heart fluttering towards Yours. The warmth of love surrounds me as I drift closer to You. Pulled together with purpose, the magnetism of Your Spirit creates an ionic bond between us. This new awakening, frightening yet fascinating, makes my heart sing.

Time speeds on, laying in its wake the faithless and the heartless that clash like rams vying for position on the mountain, brutally pummeling each other into submission. Strategically and methodically their maneuvering presses onward this conflict to becoming one. The sweet scent of freedom fills the air, mixing with my own poisonous musky essence.

10. My heart lays exposed, naked, the tragedy of my life plays as an old 8mm reel flickers and pops into action revealing the travesty of a scorned life in perpetual motion. The frames slow as the drama unfolds, revealing a mass of celestial beings jostling for position with sublime elbows, each taking its position, each playing its part while curious travelers pass on by in wonderment. One by one passing travelers pause in concern as the tragedy unfolds. Long lingering moments flit on by in silence. In distorted reality the remake mimics the truth; each memory is gnarled and twisted with shame. In unison, in an endless parade of regrets, offense after offense gets played on the rewind.

11. Painfully I press on, lost in the swirling winds of my mind. Foraging through the drawers of my thoughts, my existence is ever present, casting long dark shadows over hopes and dreams, shattering the remains of a hopeful spirit. “Comfort me, Lover. Separate me from my ugliness; erase it from existence while holding me close to Your breast.” Thump, thump, thump, my heart beating, never stopping. Light flickering passions dart back and forth as warmth radiates from within; from the depths, a spark of light flares threatening to extinguish the alluring darkness. “When will I be free? Free from these blinding images of false gods? Free from these broken promises of peace?” “Come to Me, My Beloved.”

No comments: