Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Imogen Heap: Wait It Out


This song draws me in because it speaks about the "wretched hollowness" of living a meaningless life. Pesonally, I know what that's all about becuase I've spent most of my life chasing after the things of this world at a thousand miles per hour trying to get some sort of lasting fulfillment. Trust me I've tried to shoved all sorts of things into this hole in my soul (drugs, women, drinking, money, clothes, tattoos, piercings, etc.) but nothing been able to quenched this hunger and thirst: save God. There were so many nights that I would ask myself: "Where do we go from here? How do we carry on? I can't get beyond these questions..."

Most of my life I've spent searching not only for satisfaction, but also meaning. Today, what I've discovered is that God not only gives my life meaning, but also satisfaction. Meaning and satisfaction are intricately intertwined: when I find one I will find the other. The sadness of my life lay in the fact that I regret "just sitting there waiting and sweating it out." Rather than really seeking after truth and life. What is it that gives your life meaning? Are you actively going after living a life of meaning or are you just coasting on by living in the melancholy of lackluster?

God wants to illuminate your life where you shine like the stars in the night sky. God has this wonderful plan for your life, which includes making a mark in this world not only for yourself, but for Him as well. He wants to give meaning to your life and to bring healing to your pain. So, don't "just sit there, just waiting it out." Don't "sit there in the cold, just sweating it out as you wait it out." Go after living a life of meaning that's filled with deep satisfaction because there really is only "the one life that we've got." Ask God right now to enter your life and begin showing you the amazing plans He has for you.

No comments: