Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Seeker's Return (chapters 20-23 of 29)

20. In repose, walking upon the shores of an evening sea, thoughts of You pressing on my heart relax me. Nightly I walk along this sandy stretch of beach towards a peaceful private alcove. I cherish the quiet personal moments that I spend with You there. I’ve come to anticipate with baited breath this time. You help me to release the frustrations of the day. The long walk ends with the sweet vision of You, waiting.

Welcoming me with open arms, I fall deeply into Your embrace. Your deep caresses soothe the burdens that weigh heavily upon my soul. Soft reassuring whispers warm my heart. From deep within my soul, a radiant glow wells up and begins to shine; with diligence it grows. Our bond of love is strengthening and growing with each encounter.

21. Awakened by Your gentle touch, I sit up with the warm rays of the sun beaming on me. With You by my side I am at peace. Together we walk along the paths of life openly talking of my struggles. Anxiously I share with You my moments of awakenings. Eagerly I admit my moments of doubt, knowing that I grow with each faltering step. Gently You speak to me in warm reassuring tones, easing my mind, setting my soul to rest in peaceful bliss where poetic hymns flow from musical lips making all who have ears to hear rejoice with a bold love, filling the air with childlike laughter and bringing tears to the ones with hearts like lions.

22. Kneeling before the Light of Righteousness, I am strengthened by Your radiant love; it fills me with hope. You beckon me to rise, but I dare not move a muscle for I am unworthy to be in Your Presence. Weighed down by self-inflicted guilt, Your love penetrates the fallacy, evaporating the fabricated mask of condemnation.

23. Together with the breaking of the dawn we contemplate the day’s trials. Standing in the morning sun, You steady my hand as we tend to all events, helping me along when I am weakened by my own futile efforts. The chiming of the bells echoes high noon to my worn spirit; Your gentle Hand holds my elbow, steadying me as I stumble. Wiping the beads of sweat that have formed on my brow, Your reassuring Presence eases the toils of the morning. Gently, You speak to me in warm tones, filling me with confidence. Refreshed and undaunted we stride to the next challenge, Your brilliance shining as opposing dark clouds roll on in. In renewal we stand as one before it all. Our blessed union heralds a masterpiece in the making. Together we are invincible, for You have already won.

No comments: