Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Seeker's Return (chapters 16-19 of 29)

16. Shining in the morning’s light, Your Spirit encircles me. Slowly caressing my delicate face brushing away the tears that stream down, Your kind love cradles my heart. My spirit quickens at Your touch, stoking the fire that now burns eagerly for You. Joy takes me by surprise. My heart smiles as dark clouds part opening the heavens, basking us in warm rays of devotion. Comfort fills my soul; peace and calm endure when You are near. Laughter escapes unexpectedly from my lips, sending tremors that rattle and shake the foundation of my pain.

17. Seizures quake through my flesh, shattering and setting it afire. Like thunderous waves on a winter ocean, Your passion crashes down upon me. I shiver in anticipation awaiting the next cataclysmic surge. The sureness of Your touch quenches me, slaying me as Your radiant Spirit flows all around me. Desperately, I call out Your Name. Faithfully, Your love guards my heart; sheltering me in a shimmering prism of devotion with rainbow hued emotions interweaving their luster, highlighting this moment of rapture. In this flaring emotional release, the chill that binds my bones melts, soothing my conflicted flesh while a blinding light engulfs me as the Holy Spirit fills me.

18. At rest in Your loving arms, You quietly sit with me, soothing my weary soul. Your gentle fingertips lovingly caress my hardened spirit, softening it. Your blazing eyes ignite through me, melting the coldness that envelops my heart, vivifying the flame that burns deep within, easing the deep ache inside my chest as they watch with a panoramic gaze. Your radiating love liquefies me making me pliable and ready to be poured. Cool breezes of love fan this metamorphosis into faithfulness billowing me towards the shelter that I seek as my soul relaxes in the cool comforts of peace. “Open my heart so I hear Your Word; speak to me plainly so there’s no misunderstanding.” Filled with compassion, the loving Holy Spirit comforts my heart-felt sighs. With unending patience You pursue me, easing my longing and refueling my zest for life as Your Eternal Spirit communes with mine.

19. Joined together, the union of our spirits spins past, serenely they are interlocked through Everlasting love. This Love radiates like an inferno, melting the chains of bondage. The hot air blasts through the long forgotten cobwebs of regret. Dancing to the highest mountaintops, skipping from peak to peak with blind abandon, we soar through the clouds, hot jet wash in our wake. At the crescendo of this maiden voyage, we stall in mid air to enjoy the vast horizon that is Your footstool. In that elated moment, all that I once held so precious dissipates to the four winds forever lost to oblivion. I am finally filled with a purer sense of freedom.

Together at last, Your Presence takes my breath away. Joined in this Eternal blessed union of love, my heart whispers in humble devotion. In this moment of Divine intervention warmth swells in my chest as my heart and mind unite. In that moment I lose myself to Your Grace – Breathless.

No comments: