Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Seeker's Return (chapters 24-26 of 29)

24. Big fat heavy droplets of rain fall from the heavens, threatening to wash away the guilt and sorrow that lines my earthen vessel. In a loving caress, intense electrical charges explode with grace, shocking my flesh into submission while an Angel of the Lord soars brightly along side of me rebuking tormenting evil, for Christ’s name sake. Softly staring at me with loving-kindness, unmoving yet full of life, vibrantly Eternal, You have fulfilled my deepest desire which is to be with You.

25. Kneeling in prayer, I uplift others who are lost in this evil, depraved world, hoping that all reach the peaceful sanctuary of the golden streets of Heaven, “Where God will live with man. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things will have passed away. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty the Lord will give drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and the Lord will be his God and he will be the Lord’s son. But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderous, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all the liars – their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will serve Him. They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever (Rev. 21:3b, 4, 6, 7, 8; 22:3-5).

26. Your Word soothes my worrisome spirit as we approach the finish line of this race, reaffirming the convictions within my heart. Quietly, without reproach, a thunderous hum of vibrating angel wings fills the heavens, crescendo with the roaring cheers from the multitudes of Heavenly hosts as we cross over as one.

A transcending peace that knows no bounds overwhelms me. Without the sinful trappings of my fallen flesh You welcome me into Your rest. In my inheritance I am now to live as the sweet fragrance of Your goodness envelops me completely, refreshing and rejuvenating my soul for its final flight Heavenward. To completion You have carried me through, my Companion, my Counselor, my Friend. I am within Peace, as a powerful Arm lifts us home.

No comments: