Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Monday, March 15, 2010

Snow Patrol: Chasing Cars


This song pulls on one of my deepest heart strings: the one that desires to be passionately in love. That's what these lyrics are describing. "If I lay here, If I just lay here. Would you lie with me and just forget the world?" Oh to be able to just lay with someone where you get so lost in the moment that the whole world just fades away. Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic, but I believe that moments like this can really happen. "I don't quite know how to say, how I feel. Those three words are said too much, they're not enough." I believe that there can also be moments where the words I love you would fail miserably in capturing the intensity of a moment.

Maybe this is a stretch, but when I read in the book of Revelation where John the Apostle is trying to describe the beauty and majesty of what the new Jerusalem will look like (Revelation 21:9-21) it's like he is stumbling for words. I don't think it's because he doesn't have the vocabulary to do so, but because there are simply no words that are able to capture the shear brilliance of what he is seeing. For me, I believe when I finally get to see Jesus face to face, this will be a moment beyond words. In this moment the world will fade and time will literally freeze and I will be able to live in this blissful moment for all eternity. "All that I am, all that I ever was is here in Your perfect eyes, they're all I can see."

No comments: