Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rita Springer: Worth It All

Over the past few weeks, this song has been a life line to me as God has been testing my heart in challenging me towards faithfulness to Jesus. During this rough patch of my sanctification, I have been telling myself that: "It's gonna be worth it. It's gonna be worth it. It's gonna be worth it all. I believe this." At times, this has been the only thing I can stammer out of my mouth. But, the Holy Spirit who lives within me has brought to my heart and mind moment after moment when Jesus has faithfully healed, saved and restored me. In those dark and troubling times when the temptation of sin is so very great, this song suddenly comes to mind (has that ever happen to you?). I believe that the Holy Spirit is behind this, He is reminding me to remember that "Jesus is worth it!" That Jesus is worth far more than any fleeting pleasure or possession. That Jesus is worth persevering through every trial and testing. I share this in hopes that this song can be an encouragement to you during the testings of your heart. Jesus is worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by far one of my favorite songs on the planet. i have very intense and sweet memories of moments with jesus listening to this song, and things that he spoke to me and imprinted in my heart as a result of it. she's a gifted worship leader for sure!