Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Finger Eleven: One Thing

Whenever I hear this song, it always draws me in. I haven't ever really thought about why until now. If you listen to the lyrics, the singer is musing about trying to understanding the one thing that he would trade it all in for. In essence, it's like he's asking himself this question: "Is there one thing worth giving it all up for?" To be fair, he seems to be asking this question in relation to his desire for a woman. On a deeper level, it sounds to me like the singer's restlessness is rooted to something greater than just his desire for a woman, but to the desire for greater peace and significance for his life.

Maybe that's why this song draws me in because I am drawn to the singer's heart's cry as he searches for this peace and greater significance. The evangelist in me would say to the singer: "Yes, there is one thing worth trading it all in for and that's Jesus. He is the significance that you are searching for and the peace that your soul is craving. The kind of peace that will give rest to not only your musings, but your very soul."

No comments: