Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Phillips, Craig & Dean: YOU ARE MY KING


This is one of my all time favorite worship songs. If there is one image of Jesus that I am completely drawn to, it's Jesus as King. For me this speaks of His majesty and authority, but also His grace and understanding. I love kneeling before King Jesus because He has earned all of my love and devotion for what He has done for us by taking on the full weight of God's wrath for sin in our place. Such amazing love! If you are a follower of Jesus than you are also His servant. This means that as servants of King Jesus we are also His ambassadors here on this earth (2 Corinthians 5:20). And as His ambassadors, Jesus has bestowed upon us the power of His authority. So, when we speak, we speak with the full weight and power of Jesus Himself. This is what it means to be ambassadors of King Jesus, but we must always remember to exercise this authority in love. In this way we honor Jesus our King as His ambassadors here on earth. 

No comments: