Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, July 1, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 24

What do we do when we pray for physical healing for someone and nothing happens? That's what happened with the homeless man I prayed with today. Seeing him limp along with his crutches broke my heart. I saw him walking from a good distance away because he had to stop every so often to rest. When I saw him I was moved with compassion for him and began praying that God would make a way for me to pray for him. 

I typically don't do this, but when he got close I approached him and asked him if I could pray that God would bring healing to his leg. He said "yes" and so I prayed. It's interesting after my initial prayer I asked him if he felt anything and he said "yes." So, encouraged I continued to pray again, but this time nothing happen and he started walking away. I could see his ankle still bent but obviously he had had enough of me praying. I do wish I could have spent more time praying for him, but obviously I already used up the small window of time he was willing to give me. 

Something I'm learning while being on the street is that when people stop they generally will give me anywhere from 3-5 minutes with them, if not less. So, I am learning to be on point with the Holy Spirit when it comes to praying, pastoring and prophesying with people on the street. But, when it comes to healing, I need more time with people. Praying for physical healing is very new to me and I have had some success in the past where God did bring some physical healing to people. I myself have experienced physical healing and I know that God's heart towards His creation is goodness, redemption, wholeness and restoration. But still, I need more time. The times that God did bring physical healing were times where I had at minimum 15 minutes with someone. So, I'm hoping that the more I step out in praying for physical healing, the more the Lord will guide and lead in being more on point with this divine gift. 

It is a bit discouraging when I pray for physical healing for someone and nothing happens (like today). But, at the end of day I understand that if I don't pray for physical healing than the chances for it happening are slim to none. But, if I do pray for physical healing than the chances for it happening increases exponentially. So what do we do when we pray for physical healing for someone and nothing happens? We pray again and then again and then again and then again and then again and then again. I don't believe we should ever stop asking God to bring physical healing to His children, both lost and found. We need to be continually asking God to have mercy on us and bring healing to us. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

No comments: