Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 28

Overall, today was quiet. I stood underneath a tree in the shade for most of my time on the street enjoying the peacefulness of the day. The whole area was uncharacteristically subdued. Not many people were out and the people whom I normally see were nowhere to be found. Even the children's playground was quiet with only a few children at play. Normally, I would have been eager to get going hoping God would bring people to pray with, but the day felt different. Instead of eagerness, I felt a peacefulness wash over me, so I enjoyed the day just being friendly with people as they walked by. while still praying for some of them in my heart as they walked by as well as praying for revival for the area.  


Today was like a day of rest while still laboring in the fields. To be honest, it was a welcomed relief as God has been continually stretching and challenging me over these past weeks to have my security fully in Him while embracing more deeply my dependency on Him. God's peace felt great, like standing in the shade on a hot summer day with a slight breeze blowing. It was refreshing and life giving. Sure, I was ready to pray with anyone if they came up, but that was almost secondary to enjoying God's presence and peace in the moment. Today was a good reminder that our service should always come from a place of presence and peace with God and in this way we will make the deepest and most lasting impact on the earth for His Kingdom. I truly believe that we can experience the peace that the bible talks about: "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, [that] will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:7 NIV), even while we labor for God's Kingdom. It happened to me today.

No comments: