Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 29

So, my friends Matt and Monica joined me today. Of all the days this one was probably the hottest yet this summer. To be honest, I was a little skeptical about anyone being out, let alone wanting prayer. But, oh me of little faith. The first hour was slow. We spend the time talking and praying for the community as well as for a few of the people walking by. Matt and I talked about possibly offering dream interpretation for people which I've been toying around with and now am feeling a bit more released by the Lord to do so (I'd of course have to change the sign). Matt had to leave after about an hour, but Monica stayed the rest of the time. I did end up interpreting one of Monica dreams which seemed to be on target.  


Anyways, today a few people stopped for prayer. First was Cindy, who after talking with her seemed to be a New Age spiritualist. Monica and I prayed for her and got some good words for her. I got a picture of a heart with all of these cracks and fissures which began to close and heal. I shared my image with her and told her God was going to bring healing to some past wounds of her heart which seemed to touched Cindy deeply. Monica sensed that God was calling Cindy to be a great intercessor for His Kingdom (after He saved her of course), so after Cindy left Monica spent some time just calling that out. We ended up seeing Cindy again and she was so warm towards us. Jesus seriously made her day. 


Next, Charday came by who must have been no more than 20 years old and asked for prayer because she was single and pregnant. Monica spent quite a long time praying for her. Honestly, I was a bit nervous that she was going on too long. I've learned that praying with people on the street, particularly with people who are not used to prayer in the first place, can get a bit antsy if the prayer time goes on too long. But, God's grace was there and Charday was fine with the longer prayer. Lastly, came Aldene who is a medical student who just moved into the area. So, we spent some time talking which is always a joy and then prayed for community for her. I gave her one of our church's cards and hopefully will see her again. 


The day was good. Some people may think that praying with only three people in two and a half hours is not worth bearing the heat, but I would beg to differ. Three people today received pray that I'm betting wouldn't have gotten prayer anytime soon if we weren't out on the street. With Cindy, I'm betting that this may have been the first time she ever received prayer from Christians. For me, there's nothing like being given the opportunity to pray for the lost children of God, even found children of God in transition. There are a lot of hurting people out here who need prayer. But, what I'm learning is that it's not so much about going out and trying to reach everyone. It's about simply (which sometimes isn't so simple) making ourselves available to God and He will bring people into our path to love, care and pray for and with. 

No comments: