Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 7

The weather today ended up being pretty phenomenal. When I first arrived at the park (4:00pm) it actually started drizzling a little. But, after about 10 minutes it stopped and the sun came out and it was simply gorgeous. Right after I set up, my friend Mat came walking across the street. It was definitely a nice surprise. We talked for a bit and he ended up praying for me. It was very encouraging. If you haven't noticed yet, I love prayer! Even while we were talking, Mat got a sense of something from God and ended up prayerfully walking around the perimeter of the park. I'm telling you, God is in this and if you stop by you will experience His presence.  

Today, was filled with lots of "hellos" and "what's ups." I think people may be getting used to me or maybe I'm just getting used to being on the street or may be God is showing me grace and giving me favor. It's mostly likely all of the above. Regardless, I am beginning to see some familiar faces. I got to pray with Suzanne again, whom I prayed with last week which was really encouraging because I am interested in building bridges and relationships with people in the community. Win. There were also people who remembered me from last week and said he to me with that tone of familiarity. Double win. 

People are getting used to me. I feel like this is due to the fact that I am being more light than heat. What the LORD has been continually impressing on me is that I am here to provide a service for the community. I'm not trying to preach at people or convert people or even force prayer on people (heat), what I'm doing is offering people a prayer service and if they are in need of prayer I am making myself available to pray with them (light). That is all. Now maybe other people have different understandings of what it means to be a light in the world, for me it means serving the world and offering them what I feel is most valuable to me: prayer. Prayer is the opportunity to allow God love on us. And at the end of the day that's my heart's desire that people would be touched by the love of God. If you're in the area, come by and see me! I've been tweeting the times I'm out there, so following me on TwitterI will be on the corner of Damen and Wicker Park Avenue. You can't miss me, I'll be the one by the sign...

No comments: