Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 12

My time with family down in San Antonio was amazing. God showed up and ministered to my brother and his wife. God opened up a way for me to pray with both of them and to even give a prophetic word about God's hand in what is happening in their family now. My sister-in-law shared with me that she literally felt a hand squeeze her shoulder. It was like God was letting her know that He hears her, sees her and that He is with her. So cool! 

Nevertheless, it felt great to be back out on the street after a week away and today was eventful. It started out with a great conversation with Himanchu who was walking around today sharing about Krishna Consciousness. I learned about his beliefs while getting a chance to answer some of his questions about Jesus. I hope to see Himanchu again so that we can continue our conversation. 

Next, a homeless man came up to me asking for money. He was obviously high on something. Normally, I would have told him no and allowed him to move on. But, lately I've been reading a great book called, "When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor . . . and Yourself" by Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert which talks about seeing poverty alleviation in relational terms because the only way to understanding the best way to help someone in poverty is by getting to know them. So, without answering his question I extended my hand, introduced myself and asked him his name. Honestly, it was very difficult to understand Louis because he was slurring his speech. I did tell him that I didn't have any money for him but asked if I could pray with him which he agreed. If you're a Christian who is interested in helping the poor than you need to read this book. It will definitely broaden your perspective on how to truly help those in poverty. 

I also got to see my friend Suzanne who I met on the first day of the Mobile Prayer Station and was a listening ear for her. Life is burdensome and we all need to be pastorally cared for and shepherded. So, it was truly a blessing today to be able to pray and shepherd Suzanne. Next, Jim came riding up on his bike and stopped right in front of the sign and asked me what this was all about. I told him I was a Christian out here offering to pray with people. He asked if I could pray a blessing over him, so I spend a the next few minutes praying for blessing, favor and healing for Jim. Afterwards, he said he felt incredibly good and then rode off. He got about 30 feet away and turned back to me and waved. He did this twice. God had obviously touched him. 

Lastly, I got to spend a longer time talking with Marc, a Messianic Jew who found his Messiah Jesus 38 years ago. Some of the first words he spoke to me was to ask me if I was prophesying over people out here which I answered sometimes. We ended up talked about church, mission and the family of God. I did pray with him and he prayed with me and we both had some prophetic insights for each other. I know I probably say this about everyone I meet, but I'm glad I met Marc and hope to see him again. He even came with me to my church's Wednesday night prayer meeting at 7pm where naturally more prayer happened (of course). 

Now, I do want to spend some time thanking you for your prayer support in all of this. Jesus loves being with people and is actively answering your prayers. Please continue to pray that God would continue to encounter and touch people, that He would instill Divine curiosity in people and give them grace and courage to seek out the answers to the questions bubbling in their hearts and minds. Pray that I would make much of Jesus and that I wouldn't get in the way of our Father's heart towards His lost children.  I truly believe that God has amazing plans for each and everyone one of us, but we need to be actively praying His purposes into our lives. So, this is my prayer for you: I pray that Jesus would release in you the grace, passion and courage to step out of the boat to join Him as He walks on water in the storms of people's lives. In His Name I pray, Amen. 

No comments: