Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 4

Today there weren't that many people walking around today which I'm thinking may have been due to the chance for scattered showers weather forecast. Needless to say, I was kind of glad there weren't that many people out today because I felt a lot of hostility from people which was a bit discouraging. Now, I know that this is all part of the package of this street prayer ministry and I'm ok with that, but it still doesn't take away the sting. It was like nobody was even slightly interested in even saying hi to me. I was ignored most of the time. I even got some sneers and eyes rolled at me today. One man had to forcibly restrain himself from just going off on me. Thankfully by God's grace, I just smiled and wished him a wonderful day which seemed to really throw him off balance. Proverbs 15:1 comes to mind, "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."  

So, I spend much of the day with my head buried in the bible reading through the middle part of Isaiah. It was good because I found refuge and comfort in God's Word that reminded me that God is the Creator of the universe (Isaiah 42:5) and that there is no reason to be afraid because He is with me (Isaiah 43:5; 44:8), He is Savior (Isaiah 43:11) and that no one can snatch anyone out of His hand (Isaiah 43:13). Thank you Lord. I did pray for people today, and what I really felt impressed to pray for the people I saw was for the revelation of Christ. Over and over again, person after person, I was moved to pray for the revelation of Christ to be birthed in people's hearts which may be telling of the people I encountered today maybe even the spiritual condition of the Wicker Park area at large.

I find what happened today interested because I spent the first part of my time today praying for revival. More specifically, I prayed against the principalities of lust, drunkenness, greed, anger and hate. I prayed that God would release hope into the area where there was hopelessness, love where there was hate and peace where there was anger. So, maybe it's no surprise that in engaging with the darkness of over this area of the city, I was confronted with opposition and hostility. Maybe I'm over spiritualizing all of this, but I tell you, when I left the park I literally had my tail between my legs, that's how discouraged I felt. It was like I couldn't get away from that area fast enough. I was even telling myself that I hope it rains tomorrow so that I wouldn't have to come out. But, God's faithful and I believe it is through answering people's prayers that I have been renewed. So, thank you for your prayers. I am feeling much better and yes I will be heading back out tomorrow.

No comments: