Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 2

Today was more about me than others. I was dragging my feet today because it was pretty chilly out. But then I heard the Lord ask me: "Are you a fair-weather Christian?" Now I know this could have had a variety of meanings, for my situation it seemed to touch on both the physical (the weather) and the spiritual (commitment and obedience). You see, when the Lord first gave me the vision for the Mobile Prayer Station, I had a strong impression that it was to be a daily ministry. At the heart of the ministry is to make prayer available to the lost children of God by going into their midst. Prayer has been described many ways, but I believe the best description of prayer is this: spending time with God and allowing Him to lavish His grace and love upon you. From the beginning that has always been my sense of God's heart in all of this. He wants to touch people through me with His love and grace.

To be honest there weren't many people out today because of the weather. But of the few people I saw, I prayed for, not with but for. I need to confess something, I am sometimes afraid of getting prophetic revelations from God because I'm afraid of the responsibility of stewarding these revelations. But the more I thought this through, the more I begin to see the foolishness of my ways. I felt the Holy Spirit lovingly nudge me through this by asking me "Who are you to reject revelation from God?" Let me tell you, in that moment all of my wishy-washiness about receiving prophetic revelation from God dissipated. The Holy Spirit was right (of course), if the God of the universe desires to reveal things to me, I best listen. So after repenting for my fear and foolishness I begin listening and asking God for prophetic revelation about the people walking by. So for the rest of time, God spoke and I prayed.

Furthermore, the Holy Spirit reminded me of something He spoke to me many years ago. Roughly around 8 years ago, I was stopped at a red light while driving my car. Now, as I was watching this lady walk cross the street, the Spirit of God overwhelmed me with an urgency to pray for this woman and I quote the Spirit's voice in verbatim here: "No one has ever prayed for her, neither her name nor her image has ever been brought before the throne of God." When I heard this, my heart broke. Needless to say, I couldn't begin to pray for her fast enough.

Now even though I didn't get to pray with anyone today. I did get to pray for quite a few people and I am betting that for many of them it may have been the very first time their image was ever brought before the throne of God. Think about this reality as you spend your day, of the many people you will see, even talk to today how many of them do you think have never ever been prayed for? How many of them have never had their name or image brought before God's throne of grace? You could be the first. "Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:16 NLT)

1 comment:

Winnie Ching said...

Hi Gerry: i am amazed what you are doing now. you need a prayer to cover you. I will keep you in my prayer. Yes! you are right! God's heart is urgent for people's souls. I pray you will have the bondness to speak to people when God gives you the prophtic words. I believe something amazing is going to happen. even sign s and wonders. God wants to use you to heal people. it is all because of his love. Winnie from ICC