Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 11

It felt really good to be back on the street. Missing Friday (because of my Commencement rehearsal) and Saturday (because of my Commencement from Graduate school plus rain) was hard. There was a part of me that would have rather skipped my graduation in order to be on the street with the Mobile Prayer Station. I'm really enjoying serving the community in this way and kind of beginning to see myself as part of the community which is a neat feeling. 

For most of the day I quietly stood by the prayer sign, not really engaging too many people. It was sunny out today but extremely windy. There weren't that many people out and those who were seemed to be in a hurry on such a brisk day. My sense of the spiritual atmosphere of most people today was one of blasé. I think we are all tired of the bipolar weather and concerned about the rising gas prices. But, I also got the sense from the Holy Spirit that there are a lot of wounded people walking around which moved me to pray for hope, asking God to release hope into people's hearts and lives. Revival was also on the Father's heart, so I prayed for revival every hour I was out today. 

I did get to connect with Jeff who has been coming by from time to time to chat with me about faith and life. We talked about Rahm Emanuel's inauguration, the city of Chicago's financial state and basketball. At the very end of the day, I got to pray with Jeff, asking God to bring healing to his lungs and for the revitalization of his prayer life. I really don't think it was a coincidence for this because for most of the day I felt impressed by the LORD to pray for both Divine and spiritual curiosity, that as people saw the prayer sign that they would begin to reflect on the meaning and significance of prayer and the reality of a spiritual realm and of a Creator. 

I had a very good time conversing with Jesus today, I would literally ask Him to ignite spiritual curiosity and reflections on prayer in 15 minute blocks and as people walked by I was stirred in my spirit to thank the LORD for doing just this. But there were also times when someone walked by and I would want to thank the LORD for stirring their heart when the Holy Spirit restrained me from this because the LORD didn't do that for that person. But, then there were other times where I couldn't thank the LORD quick enough for leading people to reflect of prayer. Maybe this sounds silly to some, but when I talk to the LORD He talks back, not in a booming audible voice but more like a whisper or in my thoughts. Jesus tells us that He is the good Shepherd and that He knows His sheep and His sheep know His voice (John 10:1-18). It's true. 

Now, I know that it's not all about me, but I had a good time with the LORD as He lead me in how I should pray and intercede for people and the community. I am going to miss being out on the street this week because I am going to visit my brother and his family in San Antonio, Texas. I will be back in a week. I know life will go on, but like I said, I've really come to enjoy offering this service of prayer to the community. Not only is it a good time praying and talking with people, but it's also been a pretty sweet time listening and talking with the LORD and getting a greater sense of His heart towards His many lost children wandering about Wicker Park and also His desire for bringing revival and redemption to the community. So, it looks like the Mobile Prayer Station will be closed for a week, very sad. But please continue to pray for grace, open doors and freedom. Thank you!

No comments: