Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chris Tomlin: this is our God


Everyone has baggage when it comes to God which clouds the way we understand and experience Him. That's why I love this song because it paints a Scripturally accurate picture of Who God is. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to this song over and over and over again because I needed to hear over and over and over again Who God is. My baggage, the wounds of my heart, fights against believing in the goodness and love of God. One of the hardest thing for me to do (and I don't think I'm alone in this) was to just receive God's saving grace. Even after coming to faith in Jesus, I still need to make a conscious decision each and everyday to receive the grace He has for me each and everyday. I've noticed that the more I do this the clearer and more accurate my understanding and experience of God grows. Maybe you need to listen to this song over and over and over again to help remind you of Who God is. "God help us to receive more of Your grace, in Jesus Name, Amen."

No comments: