Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Brian and Jenn Johnson: love came down


God longs to be near us. But, because of the thorns and scars in and on our hearts (our woundedness) there will be times where we will try to keep God at arm's length thinking to ourselves that He would rather be spending time with someone else. I can't tell you how many people I've met that believe that God loves us because He has to and that He actually doesn't really like us. He more or less just puts up with us (which couldn't be further from the Truth). Personally, the day someone told me that God actually really does loves me, that He actually really, really, really likes me as well and can't get enough of me and that He really, really, really, really delights in spending time with me has forever changed me (and I don't feel like I'm being overly dramatic here). I mean think about it, God gave up His one and only Son, Jesus, so that He could be near us and we could be near Him for all eternity (John 3:16). Do you really think that God would do this only to have to "put up" with us forever? Of course not! because He really, really, really does love and like us!!! This song helps to remind me that I belong to God and He loves spending time with me, period. 

No comments: