Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, August 6, 2010

françois vautier: ANTS in my scanner > a five years time-lapse!


I really enjoy time lapse photography. This one is particularly interesting in that François Vautier, installed an ant colony inside his scanner and scanned the nest each week for five years. It's interesting to see how decay and corrosion slowly, but steadily begins to literally overrun the scanner. I can't help but to think about times where I've allowed anger or bitterness or unforgiveness to fester within my heart and mind. I imagine my soul began to look much like this growing ant colony within this scanner. The more I just left my anger, bitterness and unforgiveness to stew, the more it corroded and suffocated my soul. Are you allowing anger, bitterness or unforgiveness corrode and suffocate your soul?

"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back" (Luke 6:37, 38 NLT) 

No comments: