Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, October 3, 2010

chicane: DAYLIGHT


When God first began moving in my life, letting me know that He was real, that He loved me and that He had an amazing purpose and plan for my life, He used people and music to speak to me. I was pretty deep into the rave and club scene where music, dancing and drugs was my life. When I hear the lyrics, "Is it daylight? I hardly ever notice. I hardly feel the sun. And I never feeling anyone." That was me. I lived for the night, numbed to everything but drugs and music. I used to get completely lost dancing for hours and hours on end: music, drugs and dancing was my escape from reality.
This song reminds me of those times when the light of God's Kingdom began to break into the darkness that was my life. He helped me to feel again. He helped me to come out of the darkness and into His wonderful light. At first it hurt to be exposed, but I slowly began to adjust to the light and my soul started to heal in the light of God's love. Today, I am learning to dance through life, rather than dancing to escape life. God has shown me the way of life and has granted me the joy of being in His presence and the pleasures of living with Him forever (Psalm 16:11). My prayer is that the light of God's Kingdom would begin to break in greater measure in your life and that you would begin to heal in the light of His love. 

No comments: