Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Monday, October 18, 2010

Bad Religion: we are only gonna die


Recently, a friend of mine changed her Facebook profile pic to one that reminded me of when we used to run wild in the streets of Chicago as a couple of punk rock kids. When I sit down and really think about those days, they were some pretty painful times of my past. I was so angry at the world and I wanted everyone to feel my pain. This song was one of my favorites back then. From as far back as I can remember, music has always helped me find my voice. If you ever want to know where I'm at in this journey through life just ask me what songs I'm listening to, they will clue you in to what's currently on my heart.

Today, the music that reflects the voice of my heart is far different then what it was. Thankfully, God has healed the painful memories of my past and eased the anger that poured out of my every pore. I have found peace. Not just any peace, but a peace that transcends this very world. Through Jesus I have made peace with God, with others and with myself. My past no longer controls my present, nor dictates my future. There's a Scripture verse that describes my life with God now: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV). It's true.

No comments: