Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 21

My friend Steffan, who is currently a student at the International House of Prayer University in Kansas City (you may be more familiar with their Prayer Room), came into town to visit. So, we ended up spending most of the day together which meant spending some time on the street with the Mobile Prayer Station. It felt good to be ministering side-by-side together on the street. Normally, I'm not out on Saturdays unless I feel prompted by the Lord, which I did. I felt the Holy Spirit say to me "this is a discipleship moment." So, after talking at my house for a while we headed out. 


I'm not sure what you're expecting to hear right now, but in the hour and a half that we were out the only person that we ended up praying with was my friend Jeff. Jeff always brightens my day, so it truly was a joy to be able to pray with him. Oh yeah, my friend also prayed for healing for my ongoing back pain which felt immediately better after he prayed. This was great! (I was trying to down playing it on purpose for effect, but I'm not sure how effective this was written rather than spoken). Percentage wise I'd say my back felt 20% better. The prayer was simple, Steffan just asked God to heal my back in Jesus name. Though my back wasn't completely healed in that moment, some restoration did happen. Sometimes, I feel like unless we see an instantaneous miracle we failed to recognize that God did bring some healing. Sure, I wish my back was 100% healed, but regardless I am thankful for the 20%. 


Discipleship, the word has all sorts of meanings. Today, it meant being obedient to the voice of God in my life and taking Steffan with me on the street with the Mobile Prayer Station. I had no clue what would happen. Honestly, I thought that some amazing things would happen as we prayed with the people of the community. But, I guess God had other plans in bringing more restoration into my own life. Today was a good reminder that following Jesus means walking by faith in obedience to what He is calling us to do each and every day. Regardless of what I thought would happen, I need to remember to just come with an expectant heart while believing that God will move in amazing ways. The results are always up to God because He is the One who answers the prayers. Our job is to only ask them. 

No comments: