Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 20

Today I met a man named Wolfgang, who approached me because he thought that he could have a pleasantly civil conversation with me. So, he put his belongings on the ground and we talked about faith and life. Between sips from his homemade concoction of milk and liquor Wolfgang shared with me that he has traveled to over 40 countries and has his sights set on the North Pole and Antarctica next. He immigrated over to the States from Germany over 45+ years ago. But, according to Wolfgang he is not German, only Human. 


During our conversation I couldn't help but to see glimmers of light and lucidity come through Wolfgang's dim and hazy alcohol influenced stream of consciousness. There were moments in which his whole face would light up and he would say, seemingly out of nowhere, some very profoundly encouraging words to me. But, it was painfully obvious that Wolfgang is firmly in denial about where his alcoholism has taken him. As our conversation turned toward faith, he cordially listened to my stories of love and transformation, but I could tell that my words of God's Kingdom fell on the hard packed soil of his heart where as Jesus says, "when they hear, immediately Satan comes and takes away the word sown in them" (Mark 4:15b HCSB). 


Our hearts should breaks for Wolfgang because "Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4 NLT). I can remember standing right where Wolfgang is standing in denial about my drug addiction and blinded by satan. But, I can also remember God's Kingdom of light breaking through the darkness that enshrouded my life and coming to faith in Jesus where He has delivered me from my addictions and continues to heal me of the many wounds of my heart that first drove me to escape life. So please join with me in praying for Wolfgang and the many others like him who are blinded not only by devil, but also by their own addictions: www.420prayer.com

No comments: