Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 16

Today had a pretty good flow to it. God opened up the opportunity to for me to pray with 8 people. Also, my friend Victoria came out to see me and got to pray and prophesy over Kelly who came by with her friend Christina. Maybe it was the crystal that Kelly wore around her neck or the gentle nudging of the Holy Spirit (probably both), but while talking with them I felt that I needed to tell them that we were Christians and that we prayed in Jesus name. They said that was ok and off we went before the throne of God. One thing I will mention about this prayer time was that I felt moved to pray for Jesus' kingdom of light to break through the darkness around Christina's life.

Before giving you the very highlight of the day, let me tell you about the most discouraging part. It came with three people (Eric, Katie and Alejandro) who came bounding up to me and well to put it bluntly were pretty combative. They were sarcastic and a bit mocking with their prayer requests. I did end up praying with them mostly for revelation of God and His heart towards them. The sad part of all of this was that after the prayer they claimed to be Christians and wanted to proved it by singing a Christian rap song they wrote which I'm not too sure really glorified God. Later on I got to ask one of them which church they went to and Katie replied that she doesn't go to church. Nonetheless, I'm glad I got to pray with them. I'm not out here to judge, but to love and serve. It just amazes me that of all the people I've interacted with, the most discouraging moment has come from those who claim to be Christian.

Now to the very highlight of my day which happened early on when Jessy started hovering around the Mobile Prayer Station corner. I sensed in my spirit that she was interested but was a bit unsure. So, I immediately started interceding for her. She ended up sitting a little ways away in the grass in the park and whenever I glanced over to her she was staring my way. This went on for about a half hour until my friend Denise came by and was screaming about something. Denise struggles with alcoholism and hangs out with the homeless in the park. She came up to me and asked if I could pray for her, her son and her sister because they were fighting. So, I did. I guess that was all Jessy needed to see because it wasn't more than 5 minutes later that she came strolling by really slow and asked what I was doing. 

I shared with Jessy my heart for prayer and began listing off things I could pray for her on; she zeroed in on emotional healing. Sensing her nervousness and tenderness, I suggested we step off the busy sidewalk to stand in the shade of a nearby tree. I prayed with her, asking God to come near to her and begin healing her heart. I asked our Father in heaven to release love, forgiveness and the power to let go both in Jessy and in the hearts of the other people involved. I prayed that God would reveal His heart towards Jessy and His deep love for her and His desire to see her made whole. It got a bit emotional and I'm believing that was because God was working. Afterwards, she thanked me and gave me a hug and I couldn't help but see a little spring in her step to match the smile on her face as her walked off. God is so awesome!

At the end of the day, what I've come to realize is that making myself available to God and to the community with this Mobile Prayer Station means that I'm all in. No matter what the day brings, I'm in. Whether it's precious moments like with Jessy or combative and discouraging ones like with the dynamic rapping trio of Eric, Katie and Alejandro; I'm in and I must have faith that God will give me strength and carry me through which He did (thank you for your prayers). What I learned today is that God's heart is bigger and His zeal (passion) to heal, save, redeem and restore people is greater than we could ever imagine. Being out here has really helped open up my eyes (and heart) to the reality that for us to really know and experience fully God's heart and passion for us, we will need all of eternity. That's how deep, wide and great His heart truly is for us.

No comments: