Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 15

I was only out for a little over an hour today. It rained on and off during the day, but then the sun came out around 5:30pm, so I headed out. I was having some coffee with a friend in the area, just in case. I guess I could've skipped today, but today was more about obedience and commitment. I know God wants me out on the street everyday (weather permitting) and so even though I was only out for a short while I knew I needed to be out in keeping in obedience to God. I've also committed to making myself available to the community for prayer for the summer. 

Honestly, I've come to enjoy being on the street. I've come to enjoy talking to the people who pass on by. I especially enjoy getting to know the people I get to see on a more regular basis. It truly is a blessing to be with the Mobile Prayer Station, both for me and the community. It is a win win situation. Sure each day is unique and stretching at times, but at the end of each day I can't ever remember saying to myself, "well that was a waste of time." On the contrary, at the end of each day I'm always praising and thanking God for my time on the street because everyday God happens and His heart towards people is revealed!

Today, I got to meet and pray with Dan, who grew up in the Lutheran faith and who's dad is a both a well known Lutheran pastor and prolific author. I prayed for guidance and direction for him and his family as they are in the process of moving out of the area and that God would also guide them to the right church. He said he's been seeing me out more and more and decided to stop and say hi. It just goes to show you that commitment pays off. What I've also noticed is that the more people see me talking and interacting with people on the street, the less crazy and intimidating I become. They get to see my heart and more importantly God's heart. Keep praying! Together by God's grace we can!

No comments: