Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, April 23, 2010

SafetySuit: anywhere but here


I've been in love before, it is wonderful. I long to be in love again. But, the sad reality of my past life of drug addiction was that though I may have known love, I lacked the character to be in love. Love takes work. It is a more than just a warm feeling of endearment, love is also a choice and a commitment. Today, by the grace of God, I am a different man than I was before. Truly I am a "new creation" (2 Corinthians 5:17) as the Bible claims happens to those who put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ. God has set me free from my 15+ year battle with drug addiciton and has been building character in me while bringing healing to my heart and redemption to my life. It's interesting, all my life I've been searching for love. but it wasn't until I meet Jesus that I learned what true love was. He has shown me that His love for me is constant and unending. He loves me despite any and all my protests of why I am so unloveable and worth leaving. He has become my first love because I know that no matter what: He will never, ever leave me.

A truth that has forever changed the way I see God, others and myself is that: not only does God love me, but He really, really likes me. He actually enjoys spending time with me. I believe many people believe that God loves them because He has to, but that He really doesn't like them. He only puts up with them, again, because He has to. But, nothing could be further from the truth. God delights in us (Zephaniah 3:17). In my journey with Him, I feel like He has sung these lyrics to me: "...you are, beautiful inside. So lovely and I can't see why I'd do anything without you, you are. And when I'm not with you, I know that it's true that I'd rather be anywhere but here without you."

Do you know that God is absolutely crazy in love with you? That He loves spending time with you and hearing you tell Him about your day, all day, everyday! Just like love, faith is also a choice. Each and everyday we all choose to put our faith in something (money, stuff, ourselves, others, etc.). Maybe today's the day you choose to put your faith in what the Bible says about Jesus and the truth that not only does God love you, but that He really really likes you and enjoys spending all the time in the world with you!

No comments: