Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Simple Truths about the Gospel: "Joined to the Lord"


I've decided to spend some time talking about the Gospel. I've recently had some revolutionary revelations about the simplicity of the Gospel and want to share what I believe the Holy Spirit has revealed to me with you. 

With each blog post, I will start with a Scripture and then expand on it.  Not too long, I will try my best to be short and concise. My aim is to speak the truth in love and then allow the Holy Spirit to confirm within you the things I am saying.

1 Corinthians 6:17 "But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him."

When a person becomes a born again Christian, they have 1) believed that Jesus has paid the price for all sin with His very life, 2) have surrendered the control of their life to Him, and 3) received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit supernaturally transforming them into a new creation in Christ. It is in this moment that they are welcomed back into God's family as a once lost but now found beloved son or daughter of God. 

As the verse states, they become "joined to the Lord" in the most intimate of ways by becoming "one spirit with him." This means there is no longer any gap between a Christian and God. They have in fact become one. Just pause here a moment and meditate on this amazing truth. If, you are a Christian you must believe that there is no separation between you and God now. This is really, really Good News. 

I've felt the need to emphasize this Gospel Truth because this Truth should describe and define our reality, and not our current experience. Trust me I have been there and done that when it comes to sinning and then feeling the shame or guilt and then feeling distant or separate from God. But, this goes directly against what this verse says. You see, our feelings of separation are just that "our feelings." But we mustn't allow our feelings to supersede this Truth. 

Why I believe this is such an important Gospel reality is because this means you are never ever alone, but are always, always in the Presence of God, period. You no longer need to cry out to God to come near you or beg God to love you. God loves you and has already come near you.

And there is nothing that can separate you from the love of God in Christ (read Romans 8:31-39). Practically speaking this means there is nothing you could ever do to cause God's presence to leave you because you are "joined to Him, you are one spirit with Him."

Be Encouraged! Embrace the Truth of the Gospel and Stand Free! You are deeply, deeply loved by God. 

No comments: