Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Saturday, August 4, 2012

thankful: my wife


Today, I am thankful for my wife. God has truly blessed me with a very thoughtful and supportive wife. She has a big caring and compassionate heart. When God put us together I knew that we were a good match, but each day  I am seeing more and more how great a match we really are. I love that she supports me in prayer and is my best friend in whom I can confide in. But who is also someone I can joke around and relax with. She helps me to be better. I know that we have only just begun our journey through life together, but honestly, I couldn't imagine life without her now. We are a team and my prayer is that we would grow stronger and stronger in our covenant to be partners for life.

In Genesis 2:18, God says, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him" (NIV). I am learning just how true these words are and when we wait on God to bring us to our spouse and our spouse to us, it is always on time and just right. Both of us have spent our fair share of time chasing after people, hoping that they would be right for us, that they would be suitable for us. But, each time all we found was a distorted and broken love. Then, we met God and He began filling us with His love and an amazing thing happened, our own hearts began to heal. And with the healing of our hearts we were transformed into the suitable helpers that each of us needed. God always knows what we need, even when we are clueless - God knows. Have you every prayed that God would transform you into the suitable helper for your spouse? God has someone very special for you, but we need to learn to trust that God knows who that is and that He will join you with that person in just the right time. So keep praying and trusting! God knows!

No comments: