Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 32

So my friend Rachel came out to the Mobile Prayer Station today. We had a great time talking about faith and life with each other. Throughout the day, we said hi to people as they sped on by. Some were friendly while some were not so friendly. In total, two people stopped for prayer. I had the great honor to be able to pray with Cindy, who had first stopped by last week, about some relational things happening in her life while Rachel got to pray with Greg, who was a bit nervous about us praying for him, but he did stop nonetheless. What I've learned over these past weeks is to be gentle yet direct with people. 

I was very glad to see Cindy again. If there is one thing that I really do enjoy is when I get to see people more than once. It's always better after the first relational encounter because of the inevitable awkwardness that comes from the newness of relationship. It's funny how connected you can feel to someone after you've prayed together. For me, I am always overwhelmed by God's heart towards His creation. He truly is a loving Creator who cares deeply for those whom He has created. That's why I will always pray for greater revelation of God's Hand in a person's life because (I know I must say this a lot but) knowing God is more than just knowledge, it's also experience. 

I've just spent the last three days at the Jesus Culture Awakening conference where the focus was on revival. There was much that went on and I know that I have been forever changed because of how God drew close to me during my time at the conference. There is something unique that happens when people gather together to worship God. It's like God releases a corporate anointing on those gathered that doesn't happen when we are worshiping God privately in our homes and rooms. But, what I wanted to share with you was a statement that Kim Walker, one of the members of the band Jesus Culture, said "If you're not passionate about Jesus it's because you haven't experienced just how much He loves you." What an amazingly true statement. Knowing God is more than just knowledge, it's also experience. 

If you haven't experienced just how much Jesus loves you, than I highly suggest that you ask Him to personally encounter you with His love. I would even add that you ask someone you know to pray with you. Maybe even asking Jesus to encounter you both with a life changing encounter of His love. Believe me, you will not disappoint. Jesus is faithful and if there's one thing that I've learned over the years is that Jesus loves to draw near to those who ask Him. 

No comments: