Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jeremy Riddle: full attention


There is so much in this world that vies to steal my attention away from Jesus. That's why I am so grateful for the Spirit of the Lord who dwells within me because He is greater than the world and can preserve me from and empower me to resist the world's downward pull. Here's a quote from Dr. Ed Murphy from His book, The Handbook of Spiritual Warfare: Revised & Updated, "The Spirit of God, even when He is the Spirit of conviction of sin, is always the Spirit who lets us know we belong to God and His Kingdom...He builds up. He encourages. He blesses. He enlighens. He makes Jesus more and more previous to us. He empowers us to the defeat of the flesh, the world, and Satan and his demons. It is he and he alone who cries within us,'Abba! Father!"

So this is my prayer: Lord, "May Your voice be louder, may Your voice be clearer than all the others. May Your face be dearer, may Your words be sweeter than all the others in my life. May Your presence be truer, may Your presence be nearer than all the others & may Your light shine brighter, may Your love move deeper than all the others in my life. Please keep my eyes fixed on You, please root my heart so deep in You, keep me abiding that I might bear fruit" In Your Name Jesus, Amen.

No comments: