Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jonathan David Helser: fly


Trust, surrender and healing go hand in hand (in hand?). The more I trust, the more I surrender, the more I surrender the more I am healed by God. My heart longs to be fully free and fully alive. But, "the sad reality of our fallen condition is that we would rather live the way we are familiar and comfortable with, even if it means living in bondage, rather than embrace the new and unfamiliar way that Jesus has for us" (for more on this go here: living free). Now stepping off the edge, letting go and leaving it all behind will look differently for each of us. But, I believe at core of this cutting loose is the revelation that the plans that Father God has for us are far better than any plans we could ever have for ourselves. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"  (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV).

No comments: