Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Monday, February 25, 2008

Longing for God

There is this relentless longing in my heart which makes me ask: What am I longing for?

Now on a good day, which is a day that I had the opportunity to interact in a significant and deep way with one or two people, this longing within me actually grows. Whenever I get to really connect with others, it's in these moments that I feel their intense longing which reinforces my own longing and deepens my own hunger for God. It's at the end of these days that I can't wait to be in the presence of God. Have you ever been so hungry or thirsty for something that it was painful?

Now, it's really easy to get bogged down by our earthly cravings and we all have to contend with these types of longings. What I'm talking about are our soul cravings. What is it that your soul hungers and thirsts for?

I'm reminded of Jesus' words that "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled (Matt 5:6)." Spend some time asking yourself this question: What does it mean to hunger and thirst for righteousness?

No comments: