Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Mobile Prayer Station: DAY 34

What can I say about today? Well, my friend Dave came out today. He is on staff with the campus ministry InterVarsity and works predominately with the art schools in Chicago. After giving Dave a little "orientation" about the Mobile Prayer Station we chatted until God drew Hilda to us, who came up inquiring about dream interpretation. When, we asked her about her dreams she said she didn't really remember any of them, so we asked if we could pray for her. During the prayer time Dave got an image of a drawing of a butterfly that looked like it was drawn by a kid. We found out later that she actually works with kids. When he shared this image with Hilda she was amazed. It was obvious that butterflies hold some significance to her. But, then she started to ask Dave if he had any kids and if they drew pictures, maybe even of butterflies. What I believe Hilda was doing was trying to find an answer in the natural realm for the supernatural prophetic revelation. But, isn't that what we do? When something unexplainable happens, our immediate reaction is to try to find some sort of logical explanation for it, rather than accepting that maybe something supernatural did just happened. Hopeful I will see Hilda again. 

I did get to do one dream interpretation for a man who was with a couple teenagers who were on a one day mission trip in the city from a church in Elgin. It wasn't really a recent dream he had, but still - he shared that he was flying in his dream and then all of sudden started falling, but God took hold of his hand and pulled him up. While he was talking, I was silently asking God to bring revelation and interpretation to the dream. This is what came up, I told the man that him flying meant God was planning to give him some sort of breakthrough in his life and that he could trust that God will carry him through which was highlighted by God catching him when he was falling. It was a seemingly straightforward interpretation which I was grateful for (being my first one out here). I asked him if that seemed right in thinking back when he had the dream and he said it seemed right. Very cool! I also got to pray for him and the kids before they left while Dave had his hands full talking with William. What can I say about William except that Dave and I spent at least 30 minutes if not more talking with him about faith and life (Dave must have talked with him for a solid 30 minutes before I joined the conversation because I was talking with some other people). Let me say this, William has some issues with God. But, rather than start the story here, I think I'll retell the whole story on Day 35 because not only did we pray for William but God actually answered our prayers for William and did some pretty amazing things which he came back around to tell us. So stay tuned...


There were a couple more people who I got to pray with (while Dave was talking with William). First, there was Jeff who I know and while I was talking with Jeff, Harry came up. So, the three of us were talking when Jeff said he had to go, but before he left I prayed for rest for him and that God would give him dreams of his destiny. After he left and I turned back to Harry, who looked straight at me and said, "you need to pray for me." He shared how he felt that God was calling him to be bolder in his faith and to even preach the Gospel. Very cool! So, I prayed into this and some other things that the Holy Spirit brought to mind. Afterwards, he said that he felt like my words were coming right from the Holy Spirit because I hit everything that he's been holding in heart hoping to get prayer for. I just love it when God just shows up and loves on people. Harry's story also doesn't end here, but also continues on into Day 35. I love it when prayers are answered and people actually come back to share them with me. But, rather than make you wait on this one, I'll finish the story here. So, on Day 35 Harry came back around and said that since we prayed together, his faith has increased and he has been feeling more confident in God's presence in his life. Some of his fears are still lingering, but he doesn't feel immobilized by them. Praise God! My friend Nate who came out got the words baby steps and shared with Harry that he can trust that God will walk him through these first few small steps. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: