Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Weakness is the Way (J.I. Packer)

J.I.Packer is a modern day Reformed Evangelical theologian that I've come to appreciate. And though I lean towards a more charismatic theology, I am still committed to pursuing good solid biblical exegesis and humble Spirit led hermeneutics which I believe J.I. Packer embodies. I take to heart Jesus' words "Yet a time is coming and has now come when true worshippers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth" (John 4:23-24 NIV).

In watching the video, there is something magnetic about his words that not only draws me in, but also deeper in greater reverence and awe of the Lord. I think it's because I see a man who has walked humbly and faithfully with Jesus for over 60 years and I can see the Lord's humble gentle heart behind his words. "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 11:29 NIV). Without a doubt J.I. Packer has taken Jesus at His word and taken His yoke upon himself and learned from Jesus and through this he has found rest for his soul. I believe it is from this place of rest that we can all begin to truly learn to embrace our weaknesses and learn from Jesus who desires to place His humble and gentle heart within all of us. 

I hope you were as blessed as I was with this short yet profound teaching on embracing and accepting our weaknesses. Sometimes less really is more...

No comments: