Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Friday, December 20, 2019

The Belonging Co: Nothing Else (feat. Cody Carnes)

We must clearly discern and embrace the various seasons of life we find ourselves. This is important because the practical outworking of the cry and longing for "nothing else but Jesus" will look differently according to your current season of life. When I was single, after I married and after I had children, the heart cry for only Jesus has always been the same, but the practical pursuit and outworking of embracing "nothing else but Jesus" has looked different from season to season. Having realistic expectations for both the pursuit and the outworking of a "nothing else but Jesus" lifestyle is absolutely crucial, if we are to live this thing out with great peace, love and joy. Misguided and unrealistic expectations will always end in disappointment, heartbreak and discouragement.

I don't have too many words for this one because the lyrics are so perfect. I hope and pray they resonate within you as deeply as they do in me. Bless you friend.

Chorus
I'm caught up in Your presence
I just want to sit here at Your feet
I'm caught up in this holy moment
I never want to leave
I'm not here for blessings
Jesus, You don't owe me anything
More than anything that You can do
I just want You

Verse
I'm sorry when I've just gone through the motions
I'm sorry when I just sang another song
Take me back to where we started
I open up my heart to You
I'm sorry when I've come with my agenda
I'm sorry when I forgot that You're enough
Take me back to where we started
I open up my heart to You

Bridge
I Just want You
Nothing else, Nothing else
Nothing else will do

No comments: