Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Waking Up (Amanda Cook and Hunter Thompson)


This song reminds me of the great need for Jesus to wake us up from the dullness of our hearts and minds, from the deep deathlike slumber we are all in, oblivious to the reality that we were created for so much more than this world has to offer. Everyday we are bombarded by gigabit after gigabit of media that instead of actually energizing us, all it does is overload us to the point of pacificity. 

God's Word gives us great hope and calls out to us and says "Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead and Christ will give you light" (Ephesians 5:14 NLT). This is why I love this song because it reminds me that in the Person of Jesus we find both resurrection power (Ephesians 2:6) and a vast almost incomprehensible perfect love (Ephesians 3:17-19). 

No comments: