Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Do you love your neighbor's music?

This is my first time hearing Richard Twiss from Wiconi International. At the heart of what he's saying, the celebration of diversity, got my heart racing. I don't know about you, but for him to put voice and vision to what worship around the throne of God (Revelation 7:9-17) will be like made my heart leap with joy. He's right in his assessment that "no one language could ever capture the fullness of who God is or no one music style could ever echo the sounds of heaven." This video has challenged me to search my heart to see where I default to my own cultural preferences to the the exclusion of my neighbor and to repent for my narrow-minded ways. Richard Twiss has helped me to expand my vision and understanding of the worship that God delights in. God is worthy of all our (every nation, tribe and people's) praises in every language!

No comments: