Featured Post

What is good biblical leadership?

What is good biblical leadership? This is a question I've been asking myself lately. Oftentimes, I see Christian leaders referencing boo...

Saturday, May 16, 2009

&*%@#!*+&#@!!!

There are very few things that anger me to the point of swearing and cursing, this is one of them. Just thinking about men who travel to foreign countries as sex tourists literally makes my stomach turn. It also makes my heart ache and yearn all the more for Jesus, the Savior King, to come with His iron scepter to judge and make war against those who would sexually abuse children and to come rescue the abused and discarded.

But lately, as I have been praying and interceding for these women and children, something strange has been happening - in the midst of my prayers of judgment upon these men, I have also started praying salvation and redemption for them as well. This has gotten me all kinds of sideways because who wants to pray mercy for &#@!!! child molesters (but, I regress: forgive me, Lord). Jesus has been impressing on me that the Gospel is for everyone and if anyone needs the power of God to enter into their lives, it's sex tourists and traffickers.

"Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NLT).

God can save and redeem anyone (my own life is proof of that). We all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and until the final judgment, there is grace and mercy for all. So, until that day comes, this is my prayer: That the Lord of the harvest would raise up laborers for the harvest (Luke 10:2), people who were once sex tourists and traffickers - to His glory alone.

No comments: